Passport Services at the Township Mon-Fri 9-4

- Featured Programs, News


No Appointments Necessary – Walk ins Welcome

Please call 847-285-4561 if you have any questions or need any assistance in any way.

Visit to check the status on Applications that have been submitted. Due to delays being experienced within the U.S. Postal Service and the increased number of passport applications being sent in, it may take up to 4 weeks for the application status information to be posted.

As of 12/27/21 – Passport Book Fee Increase: Adult passport books are now $130 (up from $110). Minors, aged 15 and under, are $100 (up from $80). There is no fee increase for passport cards or expedite fees.

As of 10/7/21 – Department of State has posted the following:

Correcting Errors – If the applicant makes an error on the DS-11, they must complete a new DS-11 form. Corrections made with white-out, crossing out the incorrect information, writing the correction on top of the error, etc., are not acceptable. Please use caution when completing forms, hand writing must be legible, all forms must be completed using BLACK ink only.

Know Before You Go!

Processing Hours

Monday-Friday | 9-4pm*

*Office hours may vary.

Routine service can take up to 11 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received

Expedite service (for an additional $60) can take up to 7 weeks from the day an application is submitted to the day a new passport is received.

Passport Photos available for $10.

U.S. Passport Book

If you are traveling out of the country by air, you are required to obtain a U.S. Passport Book to allow entry upon your return. The U.S. Passport Book can be used for all forms of travel which include air, land, and sea.

U.S. Passport Card

If you are traveling out of the country by land and/or sea to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, and/or Bermuda you are required to obtain a U.S. Passport Card to allow entry upon your return. The U.S. Passport Card is less expensive and is the size of normal government-issued ID’s such as a Driver’s License.

Planning to Travel? Apply Early!

Apply at least six months before planned travel. Due to limited availability for urgent travel appointments, The Department of State cannot guarantee you can receive in-person service at a passport center. They are prioritizing customers with life-or-death emergencies. Call 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)

You will need to bring the following to the Township:

  • The completed DS-11 application (unsigned).
  • A certified original copy of your birth certificate issued by the county or state you were born in. Naturalized citizens must provide their original certificate of naturalization.
  • If you have an expired passport book/card, more than 15 years past the issue date, you will be required to submit it with your application. If your previous passport is lost or stolen, you will be required to fill out a DS-64 form along with your DS-11 application.
  • Proof of identity: Valid Driver’s License or State ID.
  • U.S. Passport Book fees are $130.00 for adults and $100.00 for minors 15 years of age and under. (Fees will increase December 27, 2021 by $20.)
  • U.S. Passport Card fees are $30.00 for adults and $15.00 for minors 15 years of age and under.
  • A check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State must accompany each application. All fees made to the Department of State must be paid by check or money order only. An additional $35.00 processing fee will be charged per application payable to the Township of Schaumburg by cash, check, debit or credit card*.

A full list of fees can be found here. English Spanish

One passport photo is required for submission, photos can be taken at the Township for $10.00 payable to the Township of Schaumburg by cash, check, debit or credit card*.

*All debit or credit card transactions incur a 4% courtesy fee.

Expedited Service Fees

If you are planning to expedite your application (U.S. Passport Book only), there will be an additional charge of $60.00 (adult and children).

Parental Consent

Minors fifteen (15) years of age and under must be accompanied by both parents or submit an original legal document stating sole legal custody has been granted to one parent. If the other parent cannot be present, you must submit a notarized DS-3053 parental consent form with the child’s application with a front and back copy of the consenting parents Driver’s License/State ID.
Minors sixteen (16) years of age and over with a government-issued ID such as a Driver’s License may apply by themselves, however without knowledge of parental consent it may delay the process of obtaining the U.S. Passport Book and/or Card. It is recommended that minors (between 16 and 17 years of age) be accompanied by at least one parent to acknowledge parental consent.

First time applicants or minors under the age of 18 renewing a passport are required to fill out a DS-11 application.

 DS-11 Application Form (New Application or Minor Applicant)

If you have a adult passport that was issued less than 15 years ago and you are 18 years or older you are required to fill out a DS-82 application form. Renewal Passport Applications are done by mail and do not need the assistance of an acceptance agent. *Please note – Childs passports are not eligible for renewal using the DS-82 form. If your previous passport was only valid for 5 years, you will need to apply using the DS-11 form.

DS-82 Renewal Form (Applicants with Previous Passport Under 15 Years Old From Issuance Date)

If you are applying for a minor (15 years old or younger), both parents are required to be present during the processing of the application. If one parent cannot be present, he/she will be required to submit a DS-3053 form and a front and back copy of his/her Driver’s License, giving consent to the other parent to apply for the minor on behalf of both parents.

DS-3053 Statement of Consent for Issuance to a Minor

If you were issued a passport in the past, you are required to submit the most recent passport with your passport application. If you cannot locate your previous passport you will be required to fill out a DS-64 lost/stolen form with your passport application.

DS-64 Passport Lost or Stolen Form

If you were issued a passport less than 1 year ago and your name has been legally changed due to marriage or court order than you may re-apply for your passport at no charge. However, if you require Expedited Service you will be responsible for that charge.

DS-5504 Application for a U.S. Passport – Name Change, Date Correction, and Limited Passport Replacement

Please visit Travel.State.Gov for all updated information pertaining to International Travel and U.S. Passport Books/Cards.