The Township of Schaumburg Mental Health Board (MHB) was established in 2022 following the passing of a local ballot referendum. The MHB oversees an annual levy to provide services related to mental health, developmental disabilities, substance abuse and addiction (MHB Service Areas).
The Township Board of Elected Officials appoint the nine-member Board of Directors to administer the levy funds, ensuring services to Township residents. As mandated by the Illinois Community Mental Health Act (405 ILCS 20, et al.), the MHB is required to do the following as they relate to MHB Service Areas:
· Identify the needs within the Township.
· Consult agencies providing local services.
· Disburse annually collected tax fund on direct services.
· Submit a written plan and annual reporting for community services.
· Meet at least quarterly to execute the functions of the Board.
"*" indicates required fields